Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Early Years 2010: Borderline Homosexual

Originally Posted on June 18th, 2010.

The personal space one has in India is very small.  Someone is always too close for comfort, according to an American's standards. Friends have even smaller spaces.  Girls will walk down the road hand in hand, and guys? ---- A little different than guys back home.  The first time I saw a guy walking with this arm over some other guy's shoulder I thought they were gay.  Little did I know, it's no big deal for guys to walk with their arms over each other, and the same with holding hands.  They ride two or three to their motorcycles and no biggie touching another guy's thigh.  I laugh sometimes when I see guys here do this.  Especially the guys my age who are very many, who think they are all so cool.   They all have no idea that this is viewed as homosexual behavior in America.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment